Do you want to share the wonders of nature with your children, grandchildren, family and friends?
You can when your backyard, balcony or courtyard is a sanctuary filled with beautiful native plants that attract butterflies, dragonflies and colourful native birds — from tiny pardalotes to majestic cockatoos.
Birdscaping Australian Gardens shows you how to attract garden birds and butterflies into your garden by planting the native plants that best satisfy their needs
With over 500 photographs — we know you will enjoy Birdscaping Australian Gardens
Take a bird’s eye view of your backyard with native plant expert George Adams as he shows you how to create a garden with year-round avian appeal. His new book Birdscaping Australian Gardens, is a comprehensive book on native plants & native birds.
Learn how to create beautiful gardens that flower all year, are low maintenance and easy to care for, and help conserve our native wildlife.
Find just the plant you’re looking for in the Plant Directory. With over 400 plants that have a unique relationship to our native birds. Refer to the Bird Directory to discover more about the birds you’re likely to find in your garden.
In this book you’ll finds:
- Grassland and wildflower gardening
- Habitat ponds and how to build them
- Butterflies and the plants that attract them
- Planting tables that provide a year-round sequence of nectar, fruit and seed
- New approaches to garden design and plant maintenance
- How to look beyond your backyard to promote conservation and strengthen biodiversity
- Inspiring native garden images that demonstrate the versatility of native plants
- Native Gardens and Arboreta — where to view native plants in each state.